The Thar Advantage...
Thar's experience in high pressure processing extends to applications for water when it is heated and pressurized to conditions close to, or even above, the critical point of 373.9 C and 220.7 bar. By careful manipulation of temperature and pressure, together with catalytic aids and co-reactants, Thar can tackle a diverse range of applications from biofuels to nanoparticle depositions.
- Fractionation of cellulosic biomass into sugars and oligomers.
- Conversion of cellulosic biomass to bio-oils that are upgradable to transportation fuel using conventional hydrotreatment.
- Extraction of free fatty acids from algal and oilseed feedstocks.
- Safe remediation of waste ordnance through oxidation in supercritical water.
- Thin-layer deposition of materials, including nanoparticles, on temperature-sensitive polymeric surfaces.